- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Manchester United is ‘working on a second surprising transfer after Mason Mount
- Updated: June 21, 2023
Manchester United have made repeated attempts to sign Mason Mount from Chelsea this summer and are also attempting to bring Inter Milan wing-back Federico Dimarco to Old Trafford, in a move that may surprise some sections of the fanbase. The left-sided defender starred as the Serie A giants reached the Champions League final, now he could provide a low-cost option for Erik ten Hag.
The Dutch boss is said to be frustrated at the club’s inability to rival Arsenal’s bid for Declan Rice, owing to their ongoing takeover process. The Red Devils also pulled out of negotiations for Tottenham star Harry Kane owing to financial concerns, as Ten Hag has a reported budget of £150million before sales – with several key areas to be filled.
Left-back was not thought to be one of those areas, however, after Luke Shaw turned his United career around and now looks to have proven himself as one of the best in the Premier League in his role. However, The Independent have claimed that United and Real Madrid have both spoken to Inter regarding Dimarco.
The duo currently lead the chase having expressed the strongest interest, as he could be available for a reasonable fee – owing to Inter’s financial woes. Ten Hag believes that the Italian has the ability to play in a number of different roles as he looks to improve the versatility and pace of his squad next season.
Source:- Express. UK