- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
EFL TROPHY: STOCKPORT VS MAN UNITED UNDER-21S
- Updated: August 23, 2023
Manchester United’s Under-21s have kicked off their EFL Trophy campaign on a positive note, securing victory in a penalty shootout as they faced Stockport County in our first Group E encounter, which concluded with a 1-1 scoreline.
Charlie McNeill, Shola Shoretire, James Nolan, Ethan Williams, and ultimately Ethan Wheatley all expertly found the back of the net from the penalty spot. Additionally, goalkeeper Elyh Harrison displayed brilliance by making a remarkable save to deny Ryan Rydel of Stockport County.
The second half witnessed two penalty situations, with each team being awarded one. Joe Hugill’s initial attempt, earned by the efforts of substitute Williams, was thwarted. However, Hugill maintained his composure to confidently convert the rebound, securing a 64th-minute lead for United. This turn of events injected renewed vigor into the match after a goalless opening 45 minutes.
By- Sahiba Suri