- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Wataru Endo’s Inaugural Interview: ‘Signing for Liverpool is a Dream Come True’
- Updated: August 19, 2023
Wataru Endo unveiled how he has achieved a longstanding aspiration by inking a contract with Liverpool.
The Reds finalized an agreement to acquire the 30-year-old midfielder from Bundesliga outfit VfB Stuttgart on Friday, subject to international clearance and work permit approval.
Endo, who grew up observing the club from his home country of Japan, is brimming with anticipation as he embarks on his journey at Anfield after signing a long-term deal.
In the aftermath of signing the dotted line, Liverpoolfc.com seized the opportunity to engage in the first interview with the newly-minted No.3 at the AXA Training Centre…
Welcome to Liverpool FC, Wataru. How are you feeling at this moment?
Thank you. I am elated at the moment, and I am tremendously excited to join the prestigious Liverpool football club.
Has it sunk in yet that you are officially a Liverpool player now?
It’s an incredible feeling, and it has always been a dream of mine to play in the Premier League and represent one of the most prominent clubs globally. This is a dream come true for me.
Could you please recount the past few days for you?
Certainly, it has been quite hectic! The process was swift as I had to make a decision within about 24 hours, and I promptly made up my mind. I bid farewell to my family, flew here, underwent medical assessments, and right now, I’m participating in this interview.
By – Sahiba Suri