- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Liverpool move for Wataru Endo as midfield transfer search takes new twist
- Updated: August 19, 2023
This story has been reproduced from the media. It does not necessarily represent the position of Liverpool Football Club.
Liverpool have made a shock move for Japan international captain Wataru Endo of Stuttgart as they race to bring in a proven defensive midfielder before the transfer window closes.
The Reds have made contact over the availability of the 30-year-old, who was regarded among the best in his position in the Bundesliga last season. The player has been granted permission by Stuttgart to talk with Liverpool.
Endo – who can also play centre-back – is in the final year of his contract and is unlikely to command a significant fee, with Liverpool sporting director Jorg Schmadtke having used his contacts in Germany to help make a move for the player.
By – Sahiba Suri