- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Missy Bo Kearns: LFC Women’s 2022-23 Player of the Season Winner for Liverpool
- Updated: June 14, 2023
The 22-year-old capped an excellent season in the Barclays Women’s Super League by topping a fan poll on Liverpoolfc.com and finishing just ahead of Ceri Holland and Katie Stengel.
“I’m absolutely delighted and would like to thank Standard Chartered and all the fans who voted on Liverpoolfc.com,” she said.
“We really grew into our first season back in the Women’s Super League and it was nice to be able to make my own contribution.
“I was especially pleased to add a few goals to my game, which was something which we knew could help the team.
“Of course the main thing is to thank my teammates because nothing is possible without them, and the staff who work so hard to make us as good as we can be in every game.
“The supporters at Prenton Park and the away games were brilliant all season, so I hope they have a great summer and I look forward to seeing them all next season.”
The Liverpool-born midfielder was a worthy winner of the accolade as one of just two players (along with Taylor Hinds) who appeared in all 28 matches the Reds played in all competitions.
She was also second only to Stengel in terms of goal contributions for Matt Beard’s side, having scored five times and provided two assists.
Several of Kearns’ goals proved especially valuable, as she delivered the decisive strike in three of the team’s six wins in the WSL.