- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Lavia’s Squad Number Officially Confirmed
- Updated: August 18, 2023
For the upcoming season, Romeo Lavia will proudly sport the number 45 jersey as a Chelsea player.
After making his move from Southampton and committing to a seven-year contract with the Blues, Lavia will continue to wear the same number, 45, that he had during his time at Southampton.
Lavia initiated his football journey with Anderlecht in his native Belgium, enjoying an eight-year stint with the club before transitioning to Manchester City at the age of 16.
Impressing through his contributions to the Under-18s and Elite Development Squad, Lavia earned his senior debut in September 2021. Notably, he started in the EFL Cup match against Wycombe Wanderers, aiding his team to a resounding 6-1 victory.
After one additional appearance for Manchester City’s first team, Lavia subsequently made the move to Southampton last summer.
Here’s a brief summary of the footballing career trajectory of our new Chelsea signing, Romeo Lavia…
Having been a part of a campaign that ended in relegation for Southampton, Lavia featured in 34 matches. He garnered attention with several notable displays, including a standout performance in Southampton’s surprising victory against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge in February.
By – Sahiba Suri