- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Juanma Lillo has returned to Manchester City as part of Pep Guardiola’s coaching staff
- Updated: August 5, 2023
The club is thrilled to have him back. Lillo previously spent two successful years at the Etihad, contributing to two Premier League titles, a League Cup victory, and reaching the 2021 UEFA Champions League final.
Initially joining City in 2020 from Qingdao Huanghai, where he won the Chinese League One title, Lillo became an integral part of Guardiola’s backroom team. In June 2022, he left to become the Head Coach at Al-Sadd Sports Club.
Throughout his career, Lillo has managed world-class talents like Andres Iniesta, David Villa, and Yaya Toure, and he also coached Guardiola during their time together at Dorados de Sinaloa in Mexico.
His appointment ahead of the 2023/24 season is highly significant, and Director of Football Txiki Begiristain praises Lillo’s brilliant coaching abilities, clear football philosophy, and global football knowledge. His return is expected to bring a fresh perspective and boost the team’s playing style and scouting system at the City Football Academy