- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
In the final match of Manchester United’s tour of the United States, they suffered a 3-2 defeat against Borussia Dortmund at the Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Monday.
- Updated: August 1, 2023
Diogo Dalot, who was part of the 11 changes made to the starting XI from the match against Real Madrid on Thursday, opened the scoring for the Reds with a superb curled effort. However, Erik ten Hag’s team turned the game around before halftime, with Donyell Malen netting two quick goals.
In the second half, Antony restored parity for Manchester United, but substitute Youssoufa Moukoko scored the decisive goal for Borussia Dortmund. The match was an exciting and competitive encounter, witnessed by 50,857 fans, bringing an end to Tour 2023.
Omari Forson, United’s 19-year-old winger, received his first start of the pre-season and immediately caused problems for Dortmund’s defense. He saw an early left-footed shot tipped wide by Gregor Kobel, while Tom Heaton made crucial saves at the other end, denying Karim Adeyemi.
After Forson and Adeyemi clashed in midfield and both received yellow cards, United continued to dominate the game. Donny van de Beek set up Diogo Dalot for his impressive goal from 20 yards out. However, just before halftime, Borussia Dortmund struck back with two quick goals. Donyell Malen capitalized on a ricochet in the box and then took advantage of a clearance by Victor Lindelof to score his second of the match.