- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Chelsea is delighted to announce the signing of French international Axel Disasi from Monaco.
- Updated: August 5, 2023
The talented centre-back has agreed to a six-year contract at Stamford Bridge, bringing with him a wealth of top-level experience. Disasi has made 130 appearances in Ligue 1 and has been capped four times by France. He was also part of the French squad for the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.
Sporting directors Laurence Stewart and Paul Winstanley expressed their excitement about Disasi’s arrival, praising his quality and international recognition. They believe he is ready to take the next step in his career and are thrilled that he has chosen Chelsea for his new challenge.
Disasi began his career with Paris FC and later moved to Reims, where he played a crucial role in securing promotion to Ligue 1 as champions. He subsequently joined Monaco and made 129 appearances for the club in all competitions. His performances caught the attention of France’s head coach, Didier Deschamps, leading to his selection for the 2022 World Cup.
Known for his aerial prowess, intelligent reading of the game, and versatility as a right-back, Disasi is now eager to test himself against Premier League attackers under the guidance of Mauricio Pochettino.
Welcome to Chelsea, Axel