- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Charlotte Wardlaw Joins Glasgow City on Loan
- Updated: August 16, 2023
Chelsea has officially announced that Charlotte Wardlaw will be embarking on a loan spell with Glasgow City in the Scottish Women’s Premier League for the 2023/24 season.
At just 20 years old, Wardlaw, a versatile player capable of contributing both in defense and midfield, inked her inaugural professional contract with Chelsea prior to the 2021/22 season. She spent that season on loan with Liverpool.
Her time at Liverpool proved fruitful as Wardlaw played a key role in the club’s victory in the Women’s Championship, securing promotion to the WSL. She returned to Liverpool for the commencement of the 2022/23 season.
Following her return to Chelsea in January, Wardlaw secured another loan move, this time to Lewes for the latter part of the previous season. At Lewes, she continued honing her skills in the competitive Women’s Championship.
For the upcoming 2023/24 campaign, Wardlaw will continue her development with Glasgow City, the reigning Scottish Women’s Premier League champions. Their top-tier finish in the previous season grants them participation in the UEFA Women’s Champions League qualifiers.
As Charlotte Wardlaw embarks on her journey with Glasgow City, the entire Chelsea community extends its well wishes for her success during her tenure with the Scottish team.
By – Sahiba Suri