- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Barcelona Striker Robert Lewandowski to Join Saudi Professional League- Report
- Updated: June 13, 2023
FC Barcelona striker Robert Lewandowski ruled out moving to the Saudi Professional League this summer as “he has other priorities” and his contract with the Spanish champions is valid until 2026.
In his first season in the Spanish La Liga, the Pole definitely met expectations as he led Xavi Hernandez’s team to the league title and he was the best scorer of the competition with 23 goals.
According to some media, after a stunning season, Lewandowski’s future was in question as his name has been put on the wishlists of several clubs. Sky Sports Deutschland journalist Florian Plettenberg shared reports that the Pole was on the radar of clubs from Saudi Arabia.
However, the forward emphasised that he is fully focused on playing for Barcelona, reports Xinhua.
“I’m not considering any offers from Saudi Arabia because there is nothing to consider. I have a contract until 2026 with FC Barcelona. I’m aware of the situation in Saudi Arabia but I’m not worried about it. I have other priorities,” Lewandowski told the Polish press on Tuesday.