- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Tokyo Paralympics: Gordon Reid reaches semi-final as GB win two more bronzes
- Updated: September 1, 2021
Defending champion Gordon Reid reached the men’s singles semi-final at the Tokyo Paralympics with a three-set victory over Argentina’s Gustavo Fernandez.
The British fifth seed came through 7-5 3-6 6-1 against the world number four in two and a half hours.
Earlier, archer Victoria Rumary won bronze for GB in the women’s W1 event while there was also table tennis bronze for the class 8 team of Ross Wilson, Aaron McKibbin and Billy Shilton after they lost to China in the semi-finals.
Boccia player David Smith bids to retain his BC1 individual title from 08:50 BST against Malaysia’s Chew Wei Lun.
The GB men’s wheelchair basketball team face Canada in the quarter-finals at 10:15 as they bid to add Paralympic gold to their European and world titles.
Swimmer Becky Redfern, who gave birth to son Patrick in July 2020, qualified second-fastest for the final of the SB13 100m breaststroke (11:09).
Athlete Sammi Kinghorn bids for a medal in the T53 100m, an event in which she was world champion in 2017 (12:37).
Source : BBC Sport