- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Simona Halep steps out from the Qatar Open next week
- Updated: February 24, 2021
The WTA 500 tournament organizers reported on Tuesday that World number three Tennis player Simona Halep has been excluded from the Qatar Open in Doha next week.
Halep lost to Serena Williams in the Australian Open quarter-finals last week in straight sets, did not clarify why she was yanking out from the tournament on March 1-6.
“Unfortunately, I have made the decision to withdraw from the Qatar Total Open,” Halep said in a statement released by the tournament organizers.
“It’s always one of my favorite stops on the tour and I really look forward to being back in Doha next year.”
It is anticipated that world number one Ash Barty and American Sofia Kenin, along with Elina Svitolina, Karolina Pliskova, and Aryna Sabalenka, will participate in the tournament.