- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Qatar Total Open: Kvitova Powers Past Kontaveit to the Semi-Finals
- Updated: March 5, 2021
No.4 seed Petra Kvitova came through a stellar hard-hitting clash 6-3, 3-6, 6-2 over Anett Kontaveit to reach her third Qatar Total Open semifinal in one hour and 46 minutes. In the last four, the 2018 champion will face qualifier Jessica Pegula, who needed just 57 minutes to upset No.2 seed Karolina Pliskova 6-3, 6-1.
WTA’s official website said that Both players have been in top form this week, reaching the quarterfinals without dropping more than five games in any match, and were able to bring that level against each other.
Kvitova, who won Qatar Total Open in 2018, will be looking to erase bad memories of last year’s participation when she lost in the final to Aryna Sabalenka.