- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Qatar ExxonMobil Open’s Main Round Kicks Off
- Updated: March 9, 2021
The main round of Qatar ExxonMobil Open, organized by the Qatar Tennis, Squash and Badminton Federation, kicked off today at Khalifa International Complex, with the participation of a large number of the world’s top ranked players.
The organizing committee said the top four players: Austrian Dominic Thiem, Swiss Roger Federer, Russian Andrei Rublev and Canadian Denis Shapopalov will not compete in the first main round, which will be held over two days, and that they will start their career from the second round, scheduled for Wednesday.
The organizing committee of the championship, headed by Nasser bin Ghanim Al Khelaifi, is making tremendous efforts in light of precautionary measures due to the novel coronavirus in order to continue the impressive success achieved during hosting Qatar Total Open, which concluded on Saturday.
Georgian Nikoloz Basilashvili reached the second round of the Qatar ExxonMobil Open after defeating Australian John Millman 2-6, 6-4, 6-2.
Russian player Aslan Karatsev beat Qatari national team player Mubarak Shannan Zayed, the wildcard entrant, 6-4, 6-0.
Kazakh Alexander Bublik also qualified for the second round after beating Indian Ramkumar 6-4 and 6-2.