- Team by team analysis of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
- No plans to suspend events in China over Peng, says ITF chief-BBC
- Russia beat Croatia in Davis Cup final
- “You Want To Have Clarity”: Virat Kohli On South Africa Tour Amid Omicron Scare
- Wanindu Hasaranga five-for seals win after Tom Kohler-Cadmore fireworks
Naomi Osaka beats Serena Williams in Australian Open SF
- Updated: February 18, 2021
Naomi Osaka reached her fourth major final by beating Williams 6-3, 6-4 to stretch her winning streak to 20 matches.
Naomi Osaka has stopped Serena Williams’ latest bid for a record-tying 24th Grand Slam singles title in the Australian Open semifinals.
Osaka reached her fourth major final by beating Williams 6-3, 6-4 to stretch her winning streak to 20 matches.
Williams grabbed the first two games before Osaka took control with a five-game run.
Osaka broke Williams to begin the second set and was on her way.
Williams’ forehand was off the mark all match and she finished with totals of 24 unforced errors and just 12 winners.