- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Cristiano Ronaldo reignites Juventus title bid with a double against Crotone – European round-up
- Updated: February 23, 2021
Juventus close gap on leaders Inter Milan to eight points and second-placed AC Milan to four points, but reigning Serie A champions have a game in hand on top two; Sevilla move up to third in La Liga
Cristiano Ronaldo scored twice as Juventus returned to winning ways with a 3-0 home victory over bottom club Crotone to keep Andrea Pirlo’s team in the Serie A title race.
Juventus were under scrutiny after defeat to Napoli had been followed by a Champions League loss against Porto, but the defending champions coasted to a comfortable success to move up to third in the table.
Pirlo’s side is eight points behind leaders Inter Milan but they do have a game in hand.
The hosts dominated the majority of the first half but had to wait until the 38th minute to make the breakthrough, with Ronaldo heading home an Alex Sandro cross.
The five-time Ballon D’or winner doubled the lead before half-time, this time powering home a header after Aaron Ramsey had put the ball into the box.
Weston McKennie added a third goal from close range after 66 minutes after Crotone failed to clear a corner.
Source: Sky Sports