- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
German Open 2021 badminton tournament cancelled owing to coronavirus
- Updated: February 16, 2021
The German Badminton Association made the decision ‘in consultation and agreement’ with the Badminton World Federation (BWF), the sport’s global governing body said in a statement.
New Delhi: The upcoming Yonex German Open 2021 was on Thursday cancelled owing to restrictions imposed in view of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The tournament was to be held in Mlheim an der Ruhr from 9-14 March.
The German Badminton Association made the decision “in consultation and agreement” with the Badminton World Federation (BWF), the sport’s global governing body said in a statement.
“The ongoing COVID-19 restrictions and complications left local organisers no choice but to cancel the tournament,” the BWF added.
The YONEX German Open is a Super 300 tournament on the HSBC BWF World Tour.
The new-look BWF calendar, which was released last December, sees a number of tournaments postponed from first and second quarters of the season, and a handful of Grade 2 tournaments cancelled.