- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Rashid Khan Out of T20I Series Against India
- Updated: January 11, 2024
Rashid Khan Ruled Out of T20I Series Against India
Afghanistan’s star spinner, Rashid Khan, will miss the upcoming three-match T20I series against India due to ongoing recovery from lower-back surgery. The Afghanistan captain, Ibrahim Zadran, confirmed Rashid’s absence, stating that although he is traveling with the team, he is not yet match-fit. Rashid’s experience will be missed, but the team is prepared for any situation in his absence. This development follows Rashid’s withdrawal from the BBL and the SA20 due to the back injury, and he has not played since the ODI World Cup. The spin responsibilities for Afghanistan in India will now fall on Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Mohammad Nabi, Noor Ahmad, Qais Ahmad, and Sharafuddin Ashraf.
Despite the absence of Rashid, Afghanistan aims for a competitive series against India. Ibrahim acknowledged the challenge of playing in India but expressed confidence in his team’s T20 capabilities. Qais Ahmad, stepping up in Rashid’s absence, emerged as the leading wicket-taker in the recent T20I series against UAE. The three-match T20I series begins in Mohali on Thursday, followed by matches in Indore and Bangalore on January 14 and 17, respectively.
For More Related Updates Please Visit Our Official Website
By- Sahiba Suri