- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Impressive Five-Star Villa Triumph Captured in Images
- Updated: August 15, 2023
What a way to kick off the new season!
Under Eddie Howe’s guidance, Newcastle United’s squad picked up right where they left off last season, securing an emphatic 5-1 victory against Aston Villa at St. James’ Park on Saturday. Notably, two of the club’s recent summer signings marked their debuts with goals, setting the tone for an exciting campaign.
Sandro Tonali wasted no time in making his mark, finding the back of the net within just six minutes to hand Newcastle an early lead. However, Villa’s Moussa Diaby quickly responded, scoring on his debut to level the score five minutes later.
Alexander Isak then showcased his prowess by bagging a brace, with one goal in each half. Callum Wilson extended the lead further with a goal in the 77th minute. The match also saw Harvey Barnes making a remarkable debut by adding his name to the scoresheet, rounding off a memorable performance for Newcastle United.