- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
A Week of Challenges and Excitement Across Teams
- Updated: January 23, 2024
Arsenal Diary: A Week of Challenges and Excitement Across Teams
As the men’s first team takes a break, Arsenal’s focus shifts to the women’s and academy teams, with Mohamed Elneny and Takehiro Tomiyasu still engaged in international competitions. Here’s a detailed look at what to anticipate over the next seven days.
Monday: Cape Verde v Egypt – Elneny Continues AFCON Campaign
Mohamed Elneny remains a key figure in Egypt’s Africa Cup of Nations journey. Tonight, at 8 pm (BST), Egypt faces Group B leaders Cape Verde. With Cape Verde atop the group with six points and Egypt in second with two, having drawn both their games, this encounter promises to be a crucial one.
Tuesday: Jonas Eidevall’s Press Conference Ahead of Reading Fixture
The day brings anticipation as Jonas Eidevall, Arsenal Women’s manager, holds a press conference ahead of the FA Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup fixture against Reading. The updates from this conference will be available on Arsenal.com and the official app.
Wednesday: Asian Cup Action and Arsenal Women’s Continental Tyres League Cup Clash
- Japan v Indonesia (11:30 am): Takehiro Tomiyasu’s Japan takes on Indonesia in their third Asian Cup match, aiming for a positive result to secure a spot in the knockout stages.
- Reading v Arsenal Women (7 pm): The Arsenal Women’s team, riding high after recent victories, faces Reading in the final group stage game of the Conti Cup. The team leads Group D with eight points, while Reading sits at the bottom with two points.
Friday: Preparing for Liverpool – Jonas Eidevall’s Second Press Conference
Jonas Eidevall addresses the media for the second time this week, reflecting on the Reading game and providing insights into the upcoming clash against Liverpool. Coverage will include reflections on Wednesday’s match, weekend expectations, and the latest team news.
- Wolverhampton Wanderers v Arsenal U21s (7 pm): Arsenal’s U21s, positioned fourth in Premier League 2 Division One, face Wolverhampton Wanderers. Mehmet Ali’s young Gunners aim to build on their recent 1-0 win against Middlesbrough.
Saturday: Arsenal U18s Look to Bounce Back Against Leicester City
Our under-18s seek redemption following a disappointing loss to Liverpool in the FA Youth Cup. Positioned fourth in the U18 Premier League South, Arsenal U18s face Leicester City, who are eighth and winless in their last four league fixtures.
Sunday: Arsenal Women Take on Liverpool
The week concludes with Arsenal Women facing Liverpool at 4:30 pm. Level on points with second-placed Manchester City and trailing leaders Chelsea by three points, Arsenal Women aim to secure a positive result against Liverpool, who are fifth in the division.
Throughout the week, Arsenal.com and the official app will provide comprehensive coverage, including match reports, post-match reactions, and the latest updates on all the action across the women’s and academy teams.
In a week filled with international competitions, league clashes, and press conferences, Arsenal fans have a lot to look forward to as the various teams aim for success in their respective competitions.
For More Related Updates Please Visit Our Official Website
By- Sahiba Suri