- F1 drivers defend Netflix series after Verstappen snub
- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
Former Arsenal midfielder Santi Cazorla is set to join Qatari club Al Sadd
- Updated: July 20, 2020
Cazorla, 35, played his last game for Spanish club Villarreal on Sunday and his contract has now expired.
In joining Al Sadd, Cazorla will be managed by former Spain international team-mate Xavi, who has extended his deal at the club until 2021.
“We have reached an agreement with Santi Cazorla,” Al Sadd tweeted. “He will reach Doha soon to complete the formalities and join the team.”
Cazorla played 180 times across six seasons for Arsenal between 2012 and 2018 and spent the last two seasons playing for Villarreal for the second time in his career.
Manchester City’s David Silva, 34, is also being linked with a move to Qatar, with Al-Duhail said to be keen on the Spanish midfielder.