- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
- Kolkata Knight Riders Edge Delhi Capitals By 3 Wickets In Thriller To Enter Third Final
Barcelona Delete Tweet About Lionel Messi’s Tribute To Diego Maradona After Social Media Backlash
- Updated: December 2, 2020
Barcelona were forced to delete a tweet about Lionel Messi’s tribute to Diego Maradona, after lots of backlash on Tuesday morning.
Messi scored Barca’s fourth goal in their 4-0 win against Osasuna on Sunday afternoon, just days after the sad passing of Argentina legend Maradona.
The goal itself was a near perfect tribute to the 1986 World Cup winner but Messi went one step further to pay respects to the man who managed him for the national team.
Messi removed his Barca shirt to reveal a Newell’s Old Boy’s kit underneath, the other club both men represented, and pointed to the sky.
It was a classy moment from the six time Ballon d’Or winner, however the club were forced to delete a tweet about it on Tuesday morning, after boasting their original post ‘broke records on social media.’