- Tunisia’s Jabeur to become first Arab player to crack top 10
- Lautaro Martinez Takes Argentina Run To 25 Unbeaten, Brazil Thrash Uruguay
- Kylian Mbappe Takes Centre Stage For PSG In Absence Of Lionel Messi, Neymar
- Burj Khalifa Lights Up In Team India’s Colours Ahead Of T20 World Cup. Watch
- Kolkata Knight Riders Edge Delhi Capitals By 3 Wickets In Thriller To Enter Third Final
Athletico, Real & Barca split by two points in La Liga after leaders lose to Bilbao
- Updated: April 26, 2021
Inigo Martinez’s late header threw La Liga’s title race even further open as leaders Atletico Madrid lost at Athletic Bilbao.
Alex Berenguer scored early for the hosts but Stefan Savic looked to have rescued a point until Martinez struck.
Atletico remain two points above both Real Madrid and Barcelona, with Sevilla a point further back in fourth.
But Barca, winners earlier on Sunday at Villarreal, have a game in hand and can go top by beating Granada on Thursday.
They could have fallen further behind after Berenguer headed home Ander Capa’s cross but Jan Oblak foiled Asier Villalibre’s shot and Oihan Sancet wasted two good openings.
Atletico improved after the break, Marcos Llorente drilling just wide from 20 yards before Savic glanced home a corner to equalise – but Martinez powered home a set-piece header to win it.