- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Thierry Henry sends clear message to Man United fans about Paul Pogba
- Updated: February 13, 2018
Thierry Henry has insisted that Paul Pogba’s best position is not as a holding midfielder for Manchester United.
The French international has been coming in for some criticism in recent games following some below-par displays for Jose Mourinho’s men.
Pogba was criticised for his poor defending in the lead-up to Matt Ritchie’s goal for Newcastle United in Manchester United’s 1-0 loss at St James’ Park on Sunday afternoon.
Indeed, he was immediately substituted by Jose Mourinho in the second half and it is clear that the Portuguese manager is not entirely happy with Pogba’s recent displays.
Henry says that Pobga is hugely admired and respected in France but admits that his best position in midfield is not a defensive one.
Speaking to Sky Sports on Sunday, Henry said: “When you have quality, people always expect you to do wonders. I think the price tag doesn’t help at times.
“In France people love him but that doesn’t explain what you need to do on the field or not. I don’t think he’s a holding midfielder, and I’ve said it so many times.”
Manchester United will return to FA Cup action on Saturday evening when they travel to Huddersfield Town in the fifth round of the competition.
Mourinho will be keen for his side to win the trophy this season as he bids to bring more silverware to Old Trafford in his second campaign in charge.
Manchester United are currently in second place in the Premier League table but they are now only two points behind second-placed Liverpool FC.