- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Thibaut Courtois reveals his disappointment
- Updated: September 9, 2018
After making his move to Real Madrid, not only has Thibaut Courtois invoked the wrath of Atletico Madrid fans due to his past allegiance with the club, Chelsea fans, too, haven’t been kind to their former player.
There can’t be fire without friction, however, as the Belgian’s comments ever since joining the Galacticos may have irked the Blues enthusiast. However, the former Atleti star has expressed his disappointment at Chelsea fans disliking him and claimed that the decision to leave the club was made in March itself.
'It makes me feel sad and obviously they don't know all the truth.
'I think in March the decision was already made and I thought the club would accept it.”
This was exactly why he didn’t show up in London after concluding the World Cup as he didn’t want to disrupt the team’s environment, before adding that he loves the Stamford Bridge outfit.
'Then because the transfer was closed I did not show up because I thought it better not to disturb the team and the squad.
'If I did go there maybe, I didn't want to be toxic, so obviously it is a pity because I love Chelsea.”
He recalled of his time playing for the Londoners and stated that he is happy to win the trophies that he had won with the Blues. Courtois also hoped that the fans’ view of him would change eventually.
'I loved playing there and I am happy to have won two Premier Leagues, a league cup and an FA Cup.
'Hopefully it will turn around.'