- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
Swansea skipper Rangel out for six weeks after groin surgery
- Updated: February 14, 2018
Swansea City defender Angel Rangel has been ruled out for six weeks after undergoing groin surgery, the Premier League club said in a statement on Tuesday.
The 35-year-old Spaniard has been limited to just six appearances across all competitions for the relegation-threatened club this season and sustained the injury during Swansea’s league defeat to Tottenham Hotspur last month.
Rangel, who was named club captain in November, has been hindered by injuries throughout the campaign with Kyle Naughton used as the first-choice right-back for Carlos Carvalhal’s side.
Swansea are 16th in the league, a point above the relegation zone with 11 games remaining in the campaign.