- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Real Madrid news: James Rodriguez makes Bayern Munich admission to Bernabeu team-mates
- Updated: February 14, 2018
BAYERN MUNICH loanee James Rodriguez has reportedly told friends at Real Madrid that he wants the German and Spanish giants to be pitted against each other in the Champions League.
Rodriguez is in the midst of a two-year loan stint at the Allianz Arena and has made 24 appearances in all competitions.
Next week he’ll be hoping to help Bayern secure an advantage over Besiktas in the first leg of their Champions League tie.
Rodriguez’s parent club, Real, are in action tonight when they welcome Paris Saint-Germain to the Bernabeu.
And, during a visit to Madrid yesterday, he revealed he wants Real to come out on top, saying: 'Always with Real Madrid, I have high hopes for tomorrow.'
The latest reports from Spain suggest Rodriguez was not just being diplomatic when asked about Real’s last-16 clash.
And he’s apparently passed on that message to his pals back at the Bernabeu.
Rodriguez is said to be keen to prove to Real and Zinedine Zidane that they were wrong to let him go.
Rodriguez would follow in Thibaut Courtois’ footsteps if he plays for Bayern against Real.
The Chelsea stopper lined up for Atletico Madrid while on loan from the Blues when they met in the Champions League in 2014.