- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
Real Madrid News: Florentino Perez pledges to spend big to replace Cristiano Ronaldo
- Updated: July 24, 2018
Florentino Perez has pledged to strengthen the Real Madrid squad this summer. The departure of Cristiano Ronaldo has undoubtedly weakened the team a lot and to add to that, Zinedine Zidane had also left his role as the manager following their third UEFA Champions League in a row.
Ronaldo joined Juventus earlier this month for a deal worth €100 million. He spent nine years at Bernabeu and became the club’s record goalscorer.
Reports suggest that the Blancos will look to spend big in the transfer market. They have some key targets on the wish list and are working on getting as many as possible.
Neymar, Eden Hazard and Kylian Mbappe are said to be among the names that Perez has an eye on. They have been linked with Madrid for some time and are touted to be the main three that the club are interested in signing.
As Madrid prepare to begin the 2018/19 season under new boss Julen Lopetegui, Florentino Perez made sure that the fans are confident of the new era at the club.
Speaking at the introduction of Alvaro Odriozola as a Madrid player, Perez said, 'We are aware of the expectations this team faces every season. We're Real Madrid, and we always want more. This is a winning team with amazing players. We have an amazing squad that will be reinforced with new, incredible players.'
Madrid have been linked with a move for Neymar and Kylian Mbappe. The rumours were so strong and widespread that Los Blancos had to release statements to dismiss reports.
Following the statements, the media has been focusing on the rumours of a bid for Chelsea star Eden Hazard. The Belgium international also hinted that he is open to the move after his World Cup campaign came to an end.
'After six wonderful years at Chelsea, it might be time to discover something different. You know my preferred destination,' said Hazard.