- Hatayspor Player Christian Atsu Found Alive
- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
QFC announces postponement of 2021 Amir Cup Final
- Updated: May 13, 2021
The Qatar Football Association (QFA) has announced that Amir Cup 2021 final, which was set to play on Friday, May 14 at Jassim bin Hamad Stadium in Al Sadd sports club between Al-Sadd Club and Al Rayyan Club is postponed
QFA said that, “the new date for the final will be announced later after full coordination with all the relevant authorities, especially the Ministry of Public Health.”
This decision of postponing the final is followed after the announcement of gradual lifting of limitations and restrictions that were enforced in the country to curb the spread of the ongoing virus.
The newly implemented health measures, especially with regard to local and international sporting events, will ensure that the public attendance will be available up to some percentage of the stadium capacity on the condition that the fans are fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
The announcement regarding postponing the game was implemented as the tournament always saw an immense presence of fans especially for matches between the post prominent Qatari clubs, Al Sadd Club and Al-Rayyan.