- I Want to Become the Most Capped Player in History says Ronaldo
- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
Qatar National Football Team to join Gold Cup 2021, Games Schedule Announced
- Updated: May 15, 2021
Miami: Qatar national football team will take part in the CONCACAF Gold Cup 2021 as a guest participant for being the AFC Asian Cup Champion.
The tournament will be played in 11 cities across eight different US metropolitan areas, with the final taking place at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on August 2.
Qatar is selected in Group D (based in Houston, Texas, BBVA Stadium), the first match will kick off on July 13 against Panama, before Honduras takes on Grenada.
On July 20 in Orlando, Grenada and Panama will close Group Stage play while Honduras faces Qatar in BBVA Stadium.
The CONCACAF Gold Cup is the main association football competition of the men’s national football teams governed by CONCACAF, determining the continental champion of North America, Central America, and the Caribbean.
The Gold Cup is held every two years. It was previously referred to as the CONCACAF Championship before being renamed to the CONCACAF Gold Cup starting in 1991.