- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Power of Messi: PSG lose 800,000 Instagram followers after Mess’s Final Game for the Club
- Updated: June 5, 2023
Paris Saint-Germain saw their Instagram follower account plummet after Lionel Messi played his final game for the Ligue 1 team.
1)Messi played last club for PSG
2)Club’s social media accounts impacted
3)Argentine’s next step to be confirmed
Messi played the full 90 minutes as PSG suffered a 3-2 loss to Clermont Foot in their last game of the season and his final appearance for the club. The imminent departure of the Argentina hero appears to have big repercussions for the club’s social media profile, as the French champions have seen their follower count drop by at least 800,000 over the weekend.
What is the Matter??
Messi’s two years in the French capital have been plagued by issues. What was a dream signing for the PSG fans turned sour and resulted in them regularly jeering and protesting against him and team-mate Neymar. The situation has only worsened further over recent months, with Messi dipping out to make a sponsored trip to Saudi Arabia and being suspended by PSG.