- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Neymar paves way for Barcelona transfer but Lionel Messi does NOT want star at Nou Camp
- Updated: February 26, 2018
NEYMAR has reportedly put the breaks on Paris Saint-Germain’s move for Barcelona transfer target Antoine Griezmann.
Griezmann is set to be one of the summer’s hottest properties once again, thanks in part to his £88m (€100m) release clause.
And a return to his homeland with PSG has been touted as the Ligue 1 giants look set to continue splashing the cash.
Neymar is not said to be keen on having to share the limelight with Griezmann at the Parc des Princes though.
And the latest reports in Spain suggest Messi does not want the Atletico Madrid ace to rock up at Barcelona either.
According to Don Balon, Neymar has vetoed PSG’s move for Griezmann because he feels the Frenchman is a Ballon d’Or rival.
And PSG’s desperation to keep hold of their talisman amid interest from Real Madrid means they’ll grant his wishes.
PSG’s decision to pull out of the race for Griezmann means Barcelona have a higher chance of snapping him up.
However, Messi is apparently opposed to Barca raiding Atletico because of the impact the deal would have on one of his friends.
Messi is said to fear Griezmann’s arrival would force Luis Suarez out of the Nou Camp exit door.
Barcelona want to get Griezmann on-board though due to Messi approaching the end of his La Liga career.
And they supposedly see him as one of the best options available to replace Messi.
Meanwhile, Don Balon’s report indicates Neymar could end up ditching PSG for Real in the summer.