- Medvedev downplays French Open title chances after Geneva exit
- Liverpool take title race down to the wire with win at Southampton
- Liverpool interested in Mbappe but will not get drawn into transfer battle
- Medvedev still hopeful of playing in Wimbledon
- Milan close in on first Serie A title in 11 years after win over Atalanta
Milan sign defender Ballo-Toure from Monaco
- Updated: July 19, 2021
AC Milan have signed Senegal left back Fode Ballo-Toure from Ligue 1 side AS Monaco on a four-year contract, both clubs announced on Sunday (Jul 18).
Ballo-Toure started his career at Paris St Germain before moving to Lille in 2017, where he made his Ligue 1 debut and played 47 times in 18 months. The 24-year-old moved to Monaco in January 2019 and featured 74 times for the club.
He made eight appearances for France’s Under-21 side before switching allegiance to Senegal, making his senior debut in March and collecting four caps to date.
Ballo-Toure will compete for the left back spot alongside Theo Hernandez as Stefano Pioli’s side prepare for a return to the Champions League after a seven-year absence.
AC Milan, who finished second behind local rivals Inter in the Serie A last season, will begin their new domestic campaign against Sampdoria on Aug. 22.