- Molly O’Callaghan, a 19-year-old swimmer from Australia, etched her name in the annals of swimming history with a remarkable performance in the Women’s 200m Freestyle event
- Akshay Bhatia, 21, Wins his First PGA Tour Title at the Barracuda Championship
- Bruno Fernandes Replaces Harry Maguire as New Man Utd Captain
- Lionel Messi Surprises Teammate in group chat ahead of Grand Unveiling
- Man Utd Sign Keeper Andre Onana from Inter
Lionel Messi speaks about Breaking Cristiano Ronaldo’s Records
- Updated: June 26, 2023
Lionel Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo are two of the greatest footballers of all time.
They have been competing for individual and team honors for over a decade, and their rivalry has been one of the most compelling in sports history.
The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has been intense, but it has also been respectful. Both players have acknowledged the other’s greatness, and they have even expressed admiration for each other.
However, in a recent interview when Messi was asked whether breaking Ronaldo’s record mattered to him, the Argentine World Cup winner said: “No, just a little bit. As I said before, at this stage of my career, I don’t focus on that anymore.
“I focus on what I was able to achieve with Argentina and the club level where I was lucky enough to win important titles like the UCL or Club World Cup, leagues, cups,” he told beIN Sport.
“I was lucky enough to win everything, and that’s really what will remain at the end of my career. Of course, you have the goals and records, but, I think, they are secondary apart from the fact that they are nice recognitions,” he added.
The rivalry between Messi and Ronaldo has been memorable journey for fans across the globe and a major factor in the global popularity of football.
Source: The Indian Express