- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Manchester United Women win on their Old Trafford debut
- Updated: March 28, 2021
The Manchester United women’s team made its Old Trafford debut on Saturday with a 2-0 victory over West Ham.
The team normally plays its Women’s Super League home matches at Leigh Sports Village but switched to Old Trafford during the international break in the men’s game.
Teenage forward Lauren James headed the ball into the net from close range four minutes after the break, and American international Christen Press doubled the lead six minutes later with a left-footed strike from 12 yards out.
The last time a women’s soccer game was played at Old Trafford was during the 2012 London Olympics.
United is in third place, holding the last Women’s Champions League spot. Fans are not allowed in stadiums due to coronavirus restrictions.
The women’s north London derby later Saturday is being played at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium for the second time. In 2019, the Tottenham-Arsenal match set a WSL attendance record with 38,262 fans.