- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Manchester United Transfer News: Zlatan Ibrahimovic looking for a move away from Old Trafford
- Updated: January 29, 2018
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is close to secure a move away from Manchester United if a report from ESPN is to be believed. According to the report, the 36-year-old who signed a one-year extension earlier this summer is looking for a move away from the Premier League.
MLS side, Los Angeles Galaxy have been touted as one of the favourites to take the Swede away from the Theatre of Dreams.
Ibrahimovic had an outstanding first season at Old Trafford as the Sweded struck 28 goals in 46 matches under new manager Jose Mourinho. The Swede’s campaign was, however, cut short after suffering a career-threatening knee injury against Anderlecht.
Zlatan made his come back to the side when he came on for Anthony Martial in the 4-1 home win over Newcastle on November 18. The swift comeback did indeed take many by surprise.
High altitude work pic.twitter.com/0vFumu34CX
— Zlatan Ibrahimović (@Ibra_official) January 28, 2018
Ibrahimovic scored in his first start against Bristol City in the Carabao Cup last month. However, the United number 9 has looked a pale shadow of his former self.
A week later, Mourinho announced that the forward has been continuously niggled by the same knee that underwent surgery. “The same [knee]. A massive problem. He is a 36-year-old with a bad knee,” quipped the Portuguese manager.
Zlatan Ibrahimovic might have played his last game for United with the American looking to bring the forward across the Atlantic with the help of “targeted allocation money”- which means he will not take up a designated player spot in LA Galaxy’s squad.