- Virat Kohli Finds Form As Royal Challengers Bangalore Beat Gujarat Titans To Stay In Play-Off Race
- Rights groups urge FIFA to earmark $440mln for Qatar migrant workers
- Eintracht, Rangers fans put on show for the ages at Europa League final
- Medvedev downplays French Open title chances after Geneva exit
- Liverpool take title race down to the wire with win at Southampton
Manchester United agree £40m fee to sign Van de Beek from Ajax: Reports
- Updated: September 1, 2020
In the latest transfer rumours, Premier League giants Manchester United have agreed signing fee for Dutch midfielder Donny van de Beek from Ajax on a five-year contract basis.
The Red Devils are reportedly closing in on a deal to add Van de Beek, who was part of the Ajax side that got to the Champions League semi-finals in 2019, to their squad. According to sports journalist and reporter Fabrizio Romano, the clubs have agreed to around £40 million ($53m) signing fee for the 23-year old.
“The agreement has been reached for €40m + add ons. Strong relationship between the two clubs and also Edwin Van der Sar himself have helped to complete the deal so fast. Van de Beek already agreed personal terms until June 2025,” he wrote.
Manchester United board are expected to complete paperworks and schedule medicals test for Van de Beek during the start of the new week. The move within the next few days would allow him to be available for United’s opening game of the 2020-21 season, against Crystal Palace on 19 September.