- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Man Utd news: Paul Pogba riled up by Alexis Sanchez signing for two reasons
- Updated: February 15, 2018
PAUL POGBA is reportedly irritated by the arrival of Alexis Sanchez at Manchester United.
Sanchez joined Manchester United in January and became the highest paid player at the club, overtaking Pogba.
But the Chilean’s has not had a smooth transition with two league defeats and just one goal.
Meanwhile, Pogba has also struggled recently, being substituted in two of the past three games and named on the bench in the other. Pogba’s woes come as questions about his best position for United remain.
United boss Jose Mourinho has insisted Pogba should be capable of playing in any midfield position but the France star wants to be played on the left of a three-man midfield.
According to Arab News, Pogba believes he should be the key man at United and the team should be built around him.
But the report says Sanchez’s arrival at Old Trafford has “piqued” Pogba’s ego because the attacker is now the highest paid player at the club and the fact he now has to do more defensive work to cover his new team-mate.
And it’s also claimed Pogba’s entourage agree with Wayne Rooney’s comments that he is best deployed further up the pitch.
“For me Paul Pogba is a classic box-to-box player,” Rooney said on Sky Sports.
“He can do a bit of everything really well.
“If he has that freedom where he doesn't have to think too much about his defensive role he can cause mayhem.
“At Juventus he had [Andrea] Pirlo alongside him.
“With [Nemanja] Matic and another alongside him, on the left of a three in midfield, that will certainly get the best out of him.”