- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Man City suffer awkward return home after Carabao Cup win – Kompany will regret doing this
- Updated: February 26, 2018
MANCHESTER CITY were left looking red-faced as the Carabao Cup winners returned home to a very subdued welcome.
City picked up their first trophy of the season with a dominant 3-0 win over Arsenal in the Carabao Cup final yesterday.
Sergio Aguero, Vincent Kompany and David Silva were all on target for Pep Guardiola’s men at Wembley in a comfortable victory as they completed the first part of a potential treble.
However, the victorious squad received a very underwhelming welcome home to Manchester with only a handful of fans at the airport to greet the team.
Kompany in particular will have been feeling pretty awkward having worn his winner’s medal all the way back from London and kept it on going through the terminal.
The crowd-control barriers in place suggested a larger group of supporters were expected to attend, but Guardiola and his men had to be content with a much more low-key arrival.