- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Liverpool news: Sky Sports pundit makes bold title prediction
- Updated: February 27, 2018
LIVERPOOL can challenge Manchester City for the Premier League next season providing they make two signings in the summer.
That is the verdict of Sky Sports pundit Tim Sherwood.
Liverpool have been electrifying this term which in part has been down to Mohamed Salah, who has netted 23 league goals, with only Tottenham’s Harry Kane ahead of him in the goalscoring charts.
Questions have been asked of their defence and Jurgen Klopp remains unconvinced by Loris Karius and Simon Mingnolet in goal.
When asked whether Liverpool can challenge City for the title next term, Sherwood told Sky Sports’ The Debate: “Yeah I think they are the closest team.
“They lost Philippe Coutinho which was a big blow and they coped without him.
“Still a player to lose like that is a big blow.
“They’re going to have to replace Emre Can and he is an important part and they will have to find that kind of player.
“The Boy from Roma – Alisson – looks a real prospect.
“There’s a lot of noise coming out of Liverpool about him or else they wouldn’t be tracking them like they are.”
Liverpool, who thrashed West Ham 4-1 on Saturday at Anfield, are third in the table, just two points behind Manchester United.