- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp ready to abandon Alisson chase for two main reasons
- Updated: February 16, 2018
LIVERPOOL boss Jurgen Klopp is willing to turn his back on a summer move for Roma’s Alisson for two main reasons, according to reports.
Loris Karius has recently been named by Klopp as Liverpool’s new No 1 with Simon Mignolet dropped to the bench.
The German coach has chopped and changed between the two since Karius joined the club in 2016.
The goalkeeping duo have struggled to convince Liverpool fans with pundits suggesting Klopp should look to bring in a more experienced shot-stopper.
Roma’s Alisson had emerged as Liverpool’s first-choice target heading into the summer transfer window.
But the Telegraph claim Klopp is willing to stick with Karius rather than bring in the Brazilian.
It is said Liverpool have been put off by Roma’s asking price for the 25-year-old, believed to be at £70million.
And Klopp wants to give Karius a prolonged period as Anfield’s first-choice goalkeeper to see if he can make it his own.
The 24-year-old has often come under criticism since joining the club 18 months ago.
But in his eight Premier League games so far this season, Karius has kept four clean sheets.
Roma are said to have set such a high-asking price as they have previously admitted that Mohamed Salah could have yielded a bigger transfer fee and they are keen to avoid the same scenario.