- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp leaks plan for Joe Gomez… this will change a lot at the club
- Updated: February 27, 2018
JURGEN KLOPP has confirmed Joe Gomez will eventually be moved into the centre of defence at Liverpool.
The England international has established himself as a key member of Klopp’s first team plans this season having made 27 appearances in all competitions.
Gomez joined Liverpool from Charlton back in 2015 as an 18-year-old and immediately made an impression under Brendan Rodgers’ stewardship.
A long-term injury meant his development was put on the back-burner but he has since shown exactly why Liverpool think so highly of him and was named man of the match in his first start for England against Brazil last year.
At Charlton, Gomez was an up-and-coming centre-back and also plays there for his country, but at Liverpool he has only been used there on a few occasions.
Nathaniel Clyne’s injury has given both Gomez and Trent Alexander-Arnold the opportunity to make the right-back position their own.
But many Liverpool fans believe Gomez would be the perfect partner for Virgil van Dijk at the heart of the Reds’ defence.
And Klopp has reassured the Liverpool supporters that he will eventually make the switch from right—back to centre-back.
“Joe Gomez is coming from the centre more, he will in the future play there,” said Klopp.
“He has to improve but is more the defensive part for a full-back.”
Gomez hasn’t featured in Liverpool’s last three Premier League matches but he will be hoping to be in action when the Merseyside outfit host Newcastle on Saturday.