- Chelsea takeover: Todd Boehly’s £4.25bn bid approved by government as Roman Abramovich era set to end
- LSG vs RCB Match Prediction – Who will win today’s IPL match between Lucknow and Bangalore?
- GT vs RR, IPL 2022: Kolkata Weather Update As Gujarat Titans And Rajasthan Royals Clash In Qualifier 1 At Eden Gardens
- Manchester United book Europa League spot despite 1-0 defeat at Palace
- Manchester City fight back to win title, Spurs take fourth
Liverpool and Chelsea grab top-four spots on final day as Leicester crumble
- Updated: May 24, 2021
BIRMINGHAM: Liverpool and Chelsea grabbed the final two Champions League places but Leicester City fell short of a top-four finish for the second successive season on a nerve-jangling final day of the Premier League season on Sunday.
Liverpool avoided any drama as they beat Crystal Palace 2-0 to finish in third spot – a silver lining to a difficult season in which their attempted defence of the title crumbled.
Chelsea lost 2-1 at Aston Villa – a result that could have been curtains for them in the top-four battle.
Yet they were saved as arch-rivals Tottenham twice came from a goal down to win 4-2 at Leicester City.
Harry Kane was on target for Tottenham to win the Premier League Golden Boot award for the third time with 23 goals while Gareth Bale struck twice late on.
Liverpool finished on 69 points with Chelsea on 67 and Leicester on 66.
Sergio Aguero scored twice on his final league game for champions Manchester City as they thrashed Everton 5-0.
Second-placed Manchester United beat Wolverhampton Wanderers 2-1 to end 12 points behind City.