- I Want to Become the Most Capped Player in History says Ronaldo
- Football Women’s Team Player ask FIFA for Equal World Cup Prize Money
- 96% of World Cup fans want to visit again in Qatar: Al Thawadi
- Al Gharafa and Muaither Advance to Amir Cup Quarter-Finals
- Benn Says He Had Suicidal Thoughts after Positive Drug Tests
Lionel Messi was introduced to the Paris St-Germain fans before Saturday’s win over 10-man Strasbourg.
- Updated: August 15, 2021
The former Barcelona star was presented with fellow signings Sergio Ramos, Gianluigi Donnarumma, Georginio Wijnaldum and Achraf Hakimi.
Messi watched from the stand as Mauricio Pochettino’s side made it two Ligue 1 wins from two.
Goals from Mauro Icardi, Kylian Mbappe, Julian Draxler and Pablo Sarabia ensured PSG’s victory.
Strasbourg, three goals down inside half-an-hour, had the better chances in the second half, and pulled the score back to 3-2 thanks to headers from Kevin Gameiro and Ludovic Ajorque.
But after Alexander Djiku’s second yellow card for a foul on Icardi, the visitors struggled with 10 men and Sarabia tapped in PSG’s fourth from Mbappe’s cross to put the game to bed.
After joining PSG on a two-year deal earlier this week, Messi was unavailable for the game, having only recently returned from international duty with Argentina.
He watched alongside Ramos and Donnarumma as Wijnaldum and Hakimi both featured.