- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Lionel Messi Asks Barcelona To Let Forward Leave – Reports
- Updated: April 6, 2018
Barcelona superstar Lionel Messi has reportedly asked the club hierarchy to let forward Paco Alcacer leave the club after the forward failed to settle down at Nou Camp.
It was ‘Alcacer or nothing’ for the Catalans in the summer of 2016 as the Catalans vehemently tried to sign the Valencia skipper, who at that time was one of the hottest prospects in La Liga.
The move for the forward finally came through as the two teams finally agreed on a deal worth £26m the forward who had scored 26 goals in the two years at the Mestalla.
Alcacer has, however, failed to shine in Barcelona. After struggling to win the trust of Luis Enrique in his first season at the club, things haven’t really improved since Ernesto Valverde took over earlier this season.
Also read: Lionel Messi tells Barcelona to sign Chelsea defender as PSG prepare huge offer – Reports
In 33 appearances for the club, the forward has bagged only nine goals. He has started seven games this season in La Liga.
Barcelona signed Ousmane Dembele and Phillipe Coutinho earlier this season. And with Antoine Griezmann has largely been tipped to join the Catalans in the coming summer, chances for the former Valencia man to shine in a Barcelona shirt looks slim.
Speaking to BeIN Sports last month, Alcacer said: 'The only thing I do is try to work to help the team, to take advantage of the chances that present themselves and score on the chances you create.
“It's what I've always done and if I can do it with goals, even better.'
Premier League interest in Alacacer
According to reports from Sky Sports, Southampton are looking to procure the services of the Spaniard if they can avoid the drop this season. The Saints have found the going tough this season and are currently in 18th spot on the table.
One of their biggest struggles so far has been in front of goal with Charlier Austin top scoring for them with six goals despite having started only six times for them.
The report suggests that Southampton are set to get competition from Celta Vigo and Villarreal to acquire the services of the 24-year-old.