- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Kane double earns Spurs 2-2 draw at Everton
- Updated: April 17, 2021
LIVERPOOL: Tottenham Hotspur’s Harry Kane moved clear at the top of this season’s Premier League scoring charts but his two goals were only good enough for a 2-2 draw away to Everton on Friday (Apr 16).
The England captain opened the scoring in the 27th minute with his 20th league goal of the campaign but former Spurs player Gylfi Sigurdsson levelled from the penalty spot.
But Kane punished a defensive mistake six minutes later to earn his side a draw.
Worryingly for seventh-placed Tottenham, whose top-four hopes are fading fast, Kane hobbled off in stoppage time with what looked like an ankle injury.
Tottenham have 50 points from 32 games, five behind fourth-placed West Ham United, while Everton are eighth with 49 points having played one game fewer.