- Commonwealth Games: New Zealand beat England to earn T20 cricket bronze
- Fernando Alonso to join Aston Martin in 2023
- Cristiano Ronaldo back at Manchester United for pre-season
- From Hobby to E-sports Startup: “Good Game” is Taking Croatian Gaming to Another Level
- Hamilton accepts Ferrari, Red Bull ‘in their own league’
Juventus suffer huge injury blow as Cristiano Ronaldo is ruled out of Sunday’s clash with Atalanta
- Updated: April 17, 2021
The Juventus head coach claimed Cristiano Ronaldo picked up a thigh flexor problem in the 3-1 win over Genoa last time out and had been unable to train normally since then.
In a bid to avoid the injury from becoming severe, Juventus have now opted to play safe by resting the 36-year-old superstar.
Speaking in a pre-game interview, Pirlo claimed Paulo Dybala and Alvaro Morata will both lead the Juventus attack on Sunday as they “won’t take risks” with Cristiano Ronaldo’s fitness.
“Cristiano Ronaldo has a problem with his thigh flexors, he won’t be there against Atalanta. We will try to recover him for Wednesday [against Parma].
“He wasn’t able to push the way he wanted to in training this week and we prefer not to risk it. The internationals didn’t help, he’s been playing a lot lately. Paulo Dybala will start tomorrow,” Pirlo was quoted as saying by Goal.