- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
- FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022: Record-Breaking World Cup With 5.95 Billion Engagements
Jose Mourinho HUGS reporter in bizarre post-match interview after Paul Pogba question
- Updated: February 22, 2018
MANCHESTER UNITED boss Jose Mourinho gave an interesting interview on TV after their 0-0 draw against Sevilla this evening when he HUGGED BT Sport reporter Des Kelly.
Manchester United were held to a goalless draw against the Spanish side in the first leg of their last 16 Champions League clash.
But much of their discussion leading into the game was regarding Mourinho’s decision to bench Pogba.
Express Sport reported prior to the official team news that Scott McTominay was going to be handed a surprise start ahead of the France international.
However, an injury to Ander Herrera in the 16th minute meant Pogba was handed an early introduction.
There have been numerous reports suggesting there is growing tension between Mourinho and Pogba.
And the United boss was once again asked about the midfielder’s situation at the club during his post-match press conference.
But in his post-match duties with BT Sport, Kelly chose to focus his question on the performance of McTominay, prompting Mourinho to lean in to give the presenter a hug.
'Can I hug you?' Mourinho said.
'In the press conference, the questions were about Paul [Pogba] but the question should be about the kid.
“He was fantastic. He did everything well. He put pressure on Ever Banega and stopped him playing, he's their playmaker. I think Scott was brilliant.
'The midfield started really well and Paul made a big effort to go into the dynamic when he came on and he had a positive performance.'