- Russian athletes cannot be allowed at Olympics, Zelensky says
- Ronaldo’s Al Nassr Knocked Out of Saudi Super Cup
- Al Nassr Coach Garcia Says “It’s a Positive Addition when You have a Player like Ronaldo”
- Hockey World Cup: New Zealand Beat India, Host India Lost Hope of Winning This World Cup
- Argentine Farmer Grows 124-Acre Image of Lionel Messi to Celebrate World Cup Triumph
Jack Wilshere to miss Carabao Cup final? Arsenal hero Martin Keown makes claim
- Updated: February 23, 2018
JACK WILSHERE’s inclusion in the Arsenal side to face Ostersunds tonight does NOT mean he will be on the bench for the Carabao Cup final against Manchester City.
That is the view of BT Sport pundit and former Arsenal defended Martin Keown.
Wilshere was a surprise name on the team-sheet for the Europa League last-32 second-leg clash against the Swedish minnows.
Arsenal won the first leg last week 3-0 and many fans expected a less experienced team than what Arsene Wenger fielded tonight.
The Gunners face Manchester City at Wembley on Sunday looking to win their fourth trophy in five years.
Keown reckons Wilshere, who has not played a match since the north London derby defeat to Tottenham 12 days ago, is just being given game time tonight.
“No (his inclusion won’t affect Sunday),” Keown said.
“Jack, I thought he was immense against Spurs.
“Rightly so they didn’t play him on the synthetic pitch in the away match.
“He needs a game, there’s a final coming up on Sunday.
“A good hour tonight would be sensible, sometimes you can go too long without playing.
“He’s now coming back into the sort of form we’ve expected from him as a young man.
“I’d be pinning a lot on him for the future, he’s my future Arsenal captain.
“For me he has those qualities and the younger players certainly look up to him.”
Wilshere was substituted after 76 minutes of the game at the Emirates.